Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Anti~social
Anti~social
Question
Apr 12 2018
12:52:35 PM
Ok so I've had my suggies,2 males since a little before Christmas, their names are midnight and Diamond, midnight will come to me if I open the door to the cage sit on me let me pet him and be generally social but Diamond on the other hand runs away if you try to pet him in the cage crabs whenever I hold him in the pouch (try to bond about 20-30 minutes few times a day when schedule allows) I give them fresh fruits and vegetables and the occasional lollipop as a treat to share yet he still seems anti social. Midnight sits on my hand and will eat a lollipop nice and calm where diamond just wants to get away hide in pouch or bury himself. Is this bad and what can I do to make him more social
Question
Apr 12 2018
10:47:51 PM
ChipandDalesMom Joey Visit ChipandDalesMom's Photo Album 32 Posts
My boys are Chip and Dale and they are 7 mths old. I have had them for 6 weeks now and Chip is bonding to me really well, will stay in my bra all morning or my sweatshirt pouch. Dale on the other hand is really timid and tries to chew his way out of a bonding pouch! Both will however climb all over me during tent time. It's the absolute best bonding time for us. Tonight both of them pee'd on me so I guess I'm theirs now. I was able to pick Dale up for the 1st time without him biting too. Dale seems to love my husband though and he's been able to pick him up since day one. They have their own personalities just like people do and it may take more time for Diamond to trust you but I'm sure he will get there. Try tent time and feed him treats on your knee that's how I started with mine. All they did was jump all over me the first couple times but no touching allowed. It's getting better every time.
Information
Apr 14 2018
03:59:53 AM
SugarDaddyDerek Starting Member 0 Posts
i currently have no tent and no way to get one in sight im on foodstamps (i feed them natural foods they would eat in the wild) ive read about tent time and seen pics and would love to do it and think it would really help if i could get it but for now i just hold them in bag on let them sit on me (need hold diamond in something)
Question
Apr 14 2018
09:56:53 AM
ChipandDalesMom Joey Visit ChipandDalesMom's Photo Album 32 Posts
The tent I bought from Amazon was about $20 or see if anyone you know happens to have one laying around. You can also try sitting in a dry bathtub with them and close the shower curtain so their forced to interact with only you. Just make sure to remove any harmful items and close the toilet seat an door just in case. This has helped my son's girlfriend a ton since they literally have no floor space for a tent. There's a lot of great people on here that can help with diet. Even if you have limited funds, your gliders are going to need more than just fruits & Veg though. You are going to need to supplement their vitamins, protein, calcium, etc. Look at some of the diets on Gliderpedia. No judgement just advice.
Anti~social

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Anti~social