Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Two of my gliders are starting to show aggression at 5 years old. H
Question
Apr 17 2018
11:59:04 PM
Neither of them are neutered, but after 5 years they are just now getting oddly aggressive,why??
Question
Apr 25 2018
03:23:47 PM
Alee121 Starting Member 1 Posts
I've heard all kinds of stuff about how non neutered males can be aggressive/territorial I'm surprised it's taken them five years but that's probably a good thing!
Last week one of my gliders was getting unusually aggressive so I took both gliders out during the day and while they were sleeping I rearranged the entire cage and cleaned the bars very thouroghly (trying to remove any scent in case it was territory marked or something) and then I reintroduced the gliders to the cage later that night once I was sure the cleaning supply fumes were gone.
The gliders haven't been aggressive since then and I think it is because they think they are in new territory.
Hope this helps.
Question
Apr 25 2018
04:25:50 PM
Apollovalcoreolaf Joey 10 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Alee121

I've heard all kinds of stuff about how non neutered males can be aggressive/territorial I'm surprised it's taken them five years but that's probably a good thing!
Last week one of my gliders was getting unusually aggressive so I took both gliders out during the day and while they were sleeping I rearranged the entire cage and cleaned the bars very thouroghly (trying to remove any scent in case it was territory marked or something) and then I reintroduced the gliders to the cage later that night once I was sure the cleaning supply fumes were gone.
The gliders haven't been aggressive since then and I think it is because they think they are in new territory.
Hope this helps.

Thank you I will try that over the weekend

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat