GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
WARNING: Sunseed concerns
Food, Diet
Apr 19 2018
03:00:33 AM
Hi all!

I haven't seen any posts about this so I'm wondering if anyone has heard this news? I've been trying to copy the link but haven't had any luck.

One lot of a food for sugar gliders has been recalled after salmonella was found.

The recalled lot of SUNSEED VITA PRIMA EXOTICS SUGAR GLIDER FORMULA went to Florida, California (where sugar gliders are illegal), Texas, New Jersey, Nevada, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and, in Canada, Edmonton, Alberta. According to the recall notice, Michigan's Department of Agriculture found the salmonella through random testing.

Pets with salmonella can suffer bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting, quite messy for any animal, but especially a sugar glider.

Pets can pass salmonella on to their human owners. Humans with salmonella can suffer the same issues as pets plus, in rougher hits of salmonella, urinary tract infections, endocarditis and artery infections.

Sugar glider owners with lot No. 271391 of the Vita Prima Exotics formula with an expiration date of Dec. 20, 2019 should return it to the store for a full refund. Anyone with questions can call Vitakraft Sun Seed at 1-800-221- 6175,

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders