Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I need some advice PLEASE
Health related
Apr 20 2018
10:25:25 PM
I need help!! I've lost a female sugar glider about 3 weeks ago and now I just lost her mate!! I've been feeding everyone HPW with fruit blended with yogurt, variety of vegetables. The only thing that is different is we're spraying vinegar mixed with water on the floor to get my older dog to stop marking things. Please any advice would help

Edited by - Jamieg35 on Apr 20 2018 10:25:46 PM
Health related
Apr 21 2018
01:52:12 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Hi, sorry for your loss.

I highly doubt the vinegar would caused this, there must be something else, like a disease or something unusual in the food (I've had cases of intoxication coming from a treated batch of fruits)

Perhaps a bit more informations could help us point out the possible issue, for exmple how old were your gliders and what were their symptoms if you noticed any.
Health related
Apr 21 2018
03:54:42 PM
Jamieg35 Joey USA 23 Posts
The only thing different is my mom has been putting honey in with the honey yogurt and fruit. My female was about 9, not sure on my male cuz he was an adult when I got him. The symptoms of my female sugar glider was she was having seizure like activity and lost a lot of weight. My male got a new bird cage that I got online. His symptoms was he was walking around in a circle and very weak. We have 2 more sugar gliders that I don't want to lose so I asked my mom to throw out the fruit mixture and make some more without the honey.
Health related
Apr 22 2018
03:03:58 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
seizure and walking in circle evocates some kind of neurological issue, without prejudging of what causes them (infection, poisoning...), same goes with the weight loss, which makes it quite difficult to know...
It might be a good idea to bring the 2 remaining gliders to the vet for a checkup, and to be extra careful in order to detect any behavior outside of the usual to react immediately
Health related
Apr 22 2018
08:57:22 AM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
Are u keeping any dry pellets in the cage during the day? I just read on here yesterday that the sunseed vita prima pellets had a salmonella recall.
Health related
Apr 22 2018
08:59:31 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
honey is the main ingredient in OHPW, so my gliders eat unpasteurized honey every night.

maybe you should make sure the cage was glider safe, no unsafe metals.

also our vet said the one thing about gliders is they are so small and their systems can be make them vulnerable to illness and a quick passing. At 9 your glider was on the upper scale of age for a glider.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders