Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar Glider Constantly Grabbing Others?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 28 2018
12:32:33 AM
My baby, Harrison, was OOP December 17th, 2017. Whenever we go to the playroom, everyone runs around and has fun, but Harrison will chase the girls and once they stop running, he will grab on their back with his two hands and won't let go. Sometimes, it even seems like he's nibbling their skin, but most of the time it's just his hands. The girls will try to run, but since he's the same size as them, they can't, so they'll turn around and nip at him to get off. He doesn't until we intervene. I'm wondering if this is just because he is still so young and lived with his parents for a while, so maybe he's used to clinging to Mom's back? Would he be thinking Pepper (my glider he usually does it to) is his mom/mother figure? If not, what else could it be? I don't think it's harming anyone, they don't do it in their cage, just in the playroom.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 28 2018
03:13:31 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Is he neutered?
It could be that he seeks to cling on older gliders in play room because he is lost in a big room (plays the baby)
It could also be asserting dominance, especially if he is not neutered, and if one of the female is in heat...
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 05 2018
11:42:15 AM
Thesugarbeatles Joey Visit Thesugarbeatles's Photo Album Thesugarbeatles's Journal USA 16 Posts
He is neutered, yes.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders