Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Do My Gliders Need a New Home?
Default, miscellaneous
May 03 2018
10:24:41 PM
I have 2 rescue gliders. The male is about 7 years old, the female is 5.

I spend a little time with them every night. I let them out to play in their room almost every night. They seem to be content, especially with having each other.

My concern is about the future. When 1 glider passes, I would hate for the other glider to be alone. What's the best way to manage this?

Ideally, I could spend lots of time with my glider, but unfortunately I have a dog that does not do well with the gliders.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
David
Default, miscellaneous
May 19 2018
02:28:55 AM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
If you enjoy gliders a lot you could always get a friend or two for the remaining one when the other passes. If you want these to be your last ones for a while then you could find someone who has gliders and give them the remaining one when the other dies.
Default, miscellaneous
May 30 2018
12:51:56 AM
eevee081717 Joey Canada 14 Posts
If you love them and spend time with them don't re-home them :) They both still have a lot of life left in them and many years down the road if one passes before the other you have options. You can either adopt another glider to make friends with the one you have left or you can then re-home the one left to be introduced into a new colony. There is always the option that the one left might be alright on it's own for the few years it will have remaining as well you will have to wait and see

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home