Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wheel
Wheel
Information
May 04 2018
06:44:44 AM
I have a snuggie that just turned 2. We have gotten him a wheel before and he was terrified of it so we decided to wait. I have now put it back in his cage and he's not terrified but doesn't act interested in it. A couple months ago I got another glider and he loves his wheel. They are very good with each other but haven't bad that big step of putting them in same cage all the time. Will that help mine get use to and know what to do with the wheel?
Thank You
Information
May 05 2018
06:31:32 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
It's very likely your glider will learn how to use the wheel after watching your other glider, but they usually figure it out in time. Leave the wheel in the cage and see what happens.

After the successful, formal introduction, try placing them into the same cage. It's best to keep them pouches together within earshot, while you clean their co-habitating cage and accessories. Set up the neutral cage, and if you can fit both wheels in, it would be a good idea to do so. Also, prior to the intro, mingle their scents on some fleece to use in the neutral cage at first, so it already smells like they've been together.
Information
May 06 2018
05:52:15 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I agree with Tjones. they will learn to use the wheel or they wont want to use it, not a big deal. some of ours run on wheel minutes after waking up, others can be seen running on it at 7am right before bed times. some seem to be on the wheel a lot, others I hardly ever see on the wheel.

you say "they are very good with each other"
If your gliders are interacting, playing, touching each other without fighting, you should REALLY put them in the same neutral cage together. I have read the constant separating of them can be more harmful, always being separated from their new friend. If they can crawl into a pouch together and be together without fighting they should be in cage together.
Wheel

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Wheel