Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Caging for Sugar glider
Caging for Sugar glider
Question
May 09 2018
09:00:10 AM
I have been searching for a sugar glider cage. I want to get a tall one that is nice as it will be in my living room and I would like for it to be white. Every time I find one I like it is black. The few white ones I have found just don't look like they would be that great for my gliders. I was going to build my own originally but now I question the types of material to safely use and with moving I have not had the time. I want to get them out of the smaller cage from the breeder and get them a wonderful habitat. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks
Question
May 09 2018
02:04:45 PM
scoot Joey 30 Posts
This cage

www.amazon.com/dp/B001NJ0DAY/?coliid=I2QTE0WH2N36T4&colid=1RRK8K3GML9MV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Is well recommended. I'm looking to upgrade to it myself.

It's not white, but I would seriously not recommend a white cage. The stains...
Question
May 09 2018
02:12:10 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
http://www.exoticnutrition.com/Products/Brisbane-Cage-and-Starter-Package-for-Sugar-Gliders__bbpkgset.aspx

You can get a brisbane in white, they are great cages for 4-5 gliders I wouldn't put anymore than 5 in a single brisbane but you can stack them or do 2 side by side if you wanted to make it taller or wider.

Nothing wrong with white cages a friend of mine has 2 of them in white it's actually probably easier to clean cause you can see where it's dirty....
Question
May 10 2018
07:27:31 PM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
My thoughts on the cages:

I had a cage similar to the Brisbane cage (different company) and really liked it as it allowed for me to hang longer toys and I felt the cage had enough room for them to jump or climb in. Doors were smaller but was harder for my ladies to jump on me and then run.

One of my gliders started hoarding the food and hissing/chasing when the others would come for food so I bought the..

Critter Nation Double Cage. I love the big doors as it is easier to put the wheels in and it does allow you to close a portion off should you need to separate the gliders. What I don't like is that I can't put longer toys in it, the fact that I don't think it gives my gliders enough exercise (I noticed one has put on weight), and the fact that their droppings are separate (as it my other cage).

What I do to try to correct this issue is: put only the toys on the top portion and not too many so that they can jump around. I put the food and wheels on the lower portion (one on cage door). I also rotate the cages when one cage may start smelling and I let them loose in my bedroom in the morning for their exerise.

FYI..if you get the Critter Cage, you can buy from Amazon coverings made of felt for the ladder and the plastic trays.

How much are you willing to spend? This is my dream cage:

www.birdscomfort.com/large-cage-for-small-birds.html

Good Luck..
Caging for Sugar glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Caging for Sugar glider