Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Dried Fruits
Dried Fruits
Food, Diet
May 22 2018
01:03:03 PM
We have bought the occasional dehydrated or freeze dried fruits as random treats for our gliders. We have always stayed with The unsulfured varieties because of what somebody told us. We wanted to raise the question here to get experienced glider parents’ input. Is sulfur dioxide something that doesn’t matter, is it ok if it’s random, or should it be avoided as much as possible? Thank you very much for your replies! Looking forward to learning!
Food, Diet
May 22 2018
01:58:24 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I get dried papaya at pet store it has nothing added, specially sugar.
that is the problem I run into, most dried HUMAN fruits have sugar added, this is bad. way to fatty for your gliders. Vet even said that dried fruits have lots of natural sugars, so to much can be bad for your glider.

As for unsulfured, that I have no idea, sorry, just wanted to let you know about the sugar content problems.
Food, Diet
May 22 2018
02:22:34 PM
Shug-shug Lovers Starting Member 2 Posts
Thank you for the input about the sugar. We already knew about this but we greatly appreciate the fact that you thought enough to respond about it. We get our dried fruits from an all natural health food store.

I saw on your profile you’re in Indiana. Do you mind telling me if you’re in the northern third, the middle third or the southern third? We’re in southwestern lower Michigan, Berrien County to be more precise. We’re hoping to start a glider community in the area.
Dried Fruits

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Dried Fruits