Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Please help - extremely aggressive joeys
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 25 2018
09:15:54 PM
So I recently separated my 12 week old joeys from their parents and since then they have been EXTREMELY aggressive. When I go near the cage they crab nonstop and when I try to pick their pouch up they try to attack my hand. I've been handling them since they were out of their mothers pouch but it seems like all that work was for nothing. They try to bite me every single time I'm near them and I don't know what to do. Please give me some advice on what to do
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 30 2018
12:48:39 AM
eevee081717 Joey Canada 14 Posts
Some joey's just don't take leaving mom and dad well. I would start back at square one and just treat them like a new glider. Start by putting your scent into the pouch so they get used to your smell and then carrying them around in a bonding pouch. Treats are good and things they have to lick from your finger like honey or yogurt
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 30 2018
09:15:36 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I have never had joeys, but the previous poster sounds spot on. Poor little gliders have lost their parents and are now scared and confused.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders