GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
ask. introducing new 3 glider to mine. out cage
Question
Jun 07 2018
07:57:47 AM
i'm about getting 3 gliders from my friend
1 male and 2 female all are around 4-6 month old. she give it to me because she will move abroad.

i'm thinking to let them introduce in my free room. of course its the room i usually let mine (1 male neutered and female age 1 year) rampage and glide

is it a good idea anyone? please advice
thank you
Question
Jun 07 2018
10:41:43 AM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BabiPanggang

i'm about getting 3 gliders from my friend
1 male and 2 female all are around 4-6 month old. she give it to me because she will move abroad.

i'm thinking to let them introduce in my free room. of course its the room i usually let mine (1 male neutered and female age 1 year) rampage and glide

is it a good idea anyone? please advice
thank you

Since the free room smells like your existing gliders it's their territory and not a neutral space so probably not the best place for intros.

The new gliders are younger so the older ones might bully them too, if they're significantly smaller it might be better to wait til they're the same size as the older ones to intro as well.

Edited by - Scoria on Jun 07 2018 10:45:36 AM
Question
Jun 07 2018
10:59:30 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would follow some type of introduction procedures, found on this website or others.

Its VERY important to get them used to each others scent. so they don't fight. gliders will defend up to 2.5 acres in the wild. they should have no problem defending a room.

We have found the single gliders are very easy to introduce, as MOST gliders love having other gliders to live with. But the more gliders you introduce together the more one is likely to get rejected or one won't accept the new ones.

give the gliders each two sleeping pouches, then swap one each and see if they go in the pouch that has the strange scent in it or they sleep in the unscented pouch.
Question
Jun 07 2018
11:31:58 AM
BabiPanggang Starting Member Visit BabiPanggang's Photo Album 8 Posts
byk
yes im swapping now
but its a great thing. maybe im lucky. they play in the room together.
the senior just watch and play by their routine.
the junior but jumpy in hearing the senior playing. but now they are on their own cage those 2 mine. and those 3 my friends suggie
im swapping their bed and toys
thanks a lot for reminding.

scoria
they just play within their group. im hoping i can set them in one cage. due to "hari raya " or "idul fitri" because im starting to set up new cage using wooden planks from my project.
hope they get along and play together as one big family soon.

any advice when i set them out of cage will be great info for me. because out of cage time at night is important for me
Question
Jun 07 2018
11:38:50 AM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
If the younger male isn't neutered you might want to have it done, or there will be joeys and he might fight with the other male.
Question
Jun 07 2018
11:45:53 AM
BabiPanggang Starting Member Visit BabiPanggang's Photo Album 8 Posts
yes scoria. i plan it on saturday. finished sweating my second shirt to put the cage. mine.

hope those 3 will bond soon with me any mine.
will be fun out of cage with 5 of them

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders