Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Breeding Rights
Breeding Rights
Question
Jun 13 2018
01:03:55 AM
I am currently looking into purchasing my first sugar gliders and I’ve I’ve noticed the breeding rights really skyrocket the price. Now breeding isn’t something I am currently interested in and can not really afford but things might change in the future. Would it be possible to purchase a couple females now as just pets and then if for whatever reason my future plans change purchasing the breeding right from the breeder later down the road? Just curious, I don’t want to spend almost double only to later decide I don’t really want to breed but I also don’t want to buy a beautiful animal, decide I want to breed and then not be able to. Thanks in advance!
Question
Jun 13 2018
06:58:31 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Some breeders will let you buy breeding rights later.

Some won't with females because they can't be fixed unlike males than are neutered usually before leaving the breeder if sold as pet only, you'd have to ask the breeder that has the glider your interested in.

Question
Jun 13 2018
11:47:53 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
at this time, I would ask you to not breed, nicely, with a smile.
it seems there are plenty of breeders, there is so much to learn about gliders and breeding is a whole new level for someone just starting out, and lastly, gliders are special pets the many find out they can't handle, so many gliders show up 1 year old on craigslist for sale. I would not let my wife and I add to that unwanted population. after we got our first 2 at full price. we paid half price for our next 4, then the next 6 we got free, then our 4 white gliders were $300.
So if someone is just patient, you can get a healthy glider that needs a home for a low cost, usually with a nice expensive cage and tons of great supplies.

Breeding Rights

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Breeding Rights