Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage Size
Cage Size
Question
Jun 21 2018
07:19:25 PM
I was wondering if these cage sizes would be appropriate. I know the width and heights are all moderately okay but I'm having a hard time finding a cage with a larger depth. But I was wondering if it would be alright because the cages make up for the loss of depth in width. I also included images of all of the cages in case there was anything else wrong with them.

ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE THE CAGE BY ITSELF WITHOUT THE STAND

(Cage 1) 32"(W) X 19"(D) X69"(H)

(Cage 2) 31"(W) x 20.5"(D) x 53"(H)

(Cage 3) I'm on the fence about the height of this cage but it is the cheapest option. 25"(W) X 17"(D) X 30.7"(H)

The wooden rods in all of them are removable.

Edited by - Ambrosia on Jun 21 2018 07:22:53 PM
Question
Jun 22 2018
01:15:57 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
they are bird cages, with lots of bird doors. or escape doors for your gliders.

cage 2 has what look like very weak front doors, that don't look like they would last long.

I think you should try to find a way to buy a glider cage for your gliders.
Question
Jun 22 2018
10:06:18 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
size wise, they are fine for gliders.

The feeder doors would need ziptied to secure them.

The cages are made with thin, flimsy wire. Which will rust sooner than heavier cages and are also a lot louder than heavier cages.

Also keep in mind the weight of glider safe wheels and their wall mounts sometimes the bars on flight cages like this break where the wheel is mounted.

They are "ok" cages, but for about the same money you can get a brisbane cage that is heavy duty, quiet, and will last longer and won't need replaced as often.

Considering the life span of gliders, a quality long term cage is more cost effective than cheaper made cages that need replaced more often.

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/Products/Brisbane-Cage__GA13221A.aspx
Cage Size

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage Size