GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Rejected joey
Rejected joey
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jun 27 2018
08:11:20 PM
Hello,
My sugar glider just had her first two babies! I acquired my male 2 years ago and he'd had babies before. I have 2 females raised together as well, i got about a year ago. I noticed they hadn't come out of the pouch for a few days together so I put some meal worms out and we took a quick peek in the pouch to see a very tiny baby. The next day we decided to clean out the cage lightly and there was a sack on the floor of the cage, so we removed it. Thankfully, i saw baby #2s tail before I loaded the washer (again first pregnancy #128563;) tonight is night 3 I've been syringe feeding and he's got it all figured out. Using the bathroom beautifully with stimulation and even falls asleep holding my finger. My concern is occasionally he wiggles around and it can only be described as spastic. He's a bit jerky and I'm not sure if he's just a baby trying to find his mom or if it's a cause for concern. Any help is appreciated. I have some video of what I'm talking about as well. Estimate is 5 days OOP by pictures I've seen online. They are caring for the other baby and won't let us near.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jun 28 2018
12:26:19 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Are you sure the joey was actually rejected? Did you try to offer it back to the parents?

can you post the video link so we can see ?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jun 28 2018
12:35:55 PM
Kstacit Joey Visit Kstacit's Photo Album 26 Posts
We did try and offer him back but they didnt do anything for him. He was in a complete seperate place from them, on the bottom of the cage and alone. The three adult gliders and the other baby were in a sack all together and he was alone. Im working on a link now. Thank you. I have zero experience with this
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jun 28 2018
12:37:49 PM

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jun 28 2018
12:41:11 PM
Pictures
Jun 28 2018
12:48:23 PM

Sorry for so many replies. If it matters, this is the other baby

Edited by - Kstacit on Jun 28 2018 12:49:49 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jun 28 2018
02:07:14 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
cute !! I watched the video, and had a friend that breeds more than I have watch it as well. We both agree he moves normally.

Joeys are jerky like that when their eyes are closed, they will grow out of it as they get bigger and the eyes open. Eyes usually open around 10 days oop.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jun 28 2018
02:12:56 PM
Thank you so much! I have no experience but am enjoying learning. Do you think theres a chance she may also reject the other baby since she rejected the one? I don't want to disturb them and cause that but I've been worried about that one.
Rejected joey

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Rejected joey