GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this cracked fur?
Is this cracked fur?
Health related
Jul 05 2018
09:46:29 PM

[center

Hey guys I was wondering if Ophelia's fur is cracked. She is currently a single glider until I come back from Disney( quarantine would be over when I leave and I don't want the sitter to have to deal with that). Her big cage is being fixed as it was a hand me down that needs some tlc. I just installed her wheel(she has not stopped for the past hour going round and around!). I feed her salad one and critter love complete from their website with occasional pellets for her teeth. Is that cracked fur and if so how can I help? It is currently summer in the middle of a heat wave and my room is pretty stuffy with humidity as I keep the door closed.we do tent time a few nights a week and pouch time everyday. Do you think it is just stress? Will the wheel help? She went to the vet a week ago and she was healthy.

Side note as I sit here and she is playing on her wheel she is fascinated with the back of it, in particular the spacer and is spinning it from behind. Is that safe? She also seems to fall a lot inside is that normal adjustment to the wheel? She gets back up and continues

Thank you guys I know a lot of questions here but I just want to do right by this goof.

Thanks again everyone. I am so glad I found this place.
Health related
Jul 05 2018
09:59:27 PM
Emmikate Joey Visit Emmikate's Photo Album 33 Posts

This is her wheel
Health related
Jul 06 2018
12:11:06 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
from what I can see her fur looks fine.
If the wheel has a center pole it is bad, they jump and run, hitting the pole is bad plus the danger to her/his tail.
Health related
Jul 06 2018
12:13:26 AM
There is no pole inside she just keeps on falling, sometimes almost out of it. Not like she's hurt but clumsy. Let's see if I sleep tonight from the worry of her playing with it the first time.
Health related
Jul 06 2018
12:27:01 AM
MollyAndOlivia Glider Visit MollyAndOlivia's Photo Album 59 Posts
My glider has the same wheel and they just got it and love it. Their legs sometimes almost fall out when they're running but they just keep running again. You seem to have a good diet and she looks like one healthy, happy glider!
Health related
Jul 06 2018
09:28:12 AM
Phew. I really try this morning she wouldn't stop barking. The second I would leave her cage she would start again poor thing.
Health related
Jul 06 2018
09:34:04 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
The wheel itself is the newest, "safer" version of the wodent wheel rebranded. The thing I don't like about them is the solid track. It doesn't allow them to hang on like they do in the mesh wheels we use, it also doesn't allow pee and poo to fall through like the mesh does. I've never been a fan of the outter lid with the holes design I like the open face wheels better.

My favorite wheels are the Stealth wheels and Custom Cruisers wheels. The Stealth because they are by far the easiest to get in and out of a cage by yourself. The Cruiser because of the quality of materials, and bounce feature.

Cracked fur, her fur looks slightly cracked. But cracked fur is a cosmetic issue not a health issue, not anything to be really concerned about.
Health related
Jul 07 2018
10:32:56 AM
This is just the nail track. I got her the track with holes and the regular track. Right not the one with holes is on it.
Is this cracked fur?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this cracked fur?