Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I need help with feeding my Sugar Glider
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2018
09:07:05 PM
I have recently purchased a sugar glider from a flea market and I wanted to know if they feeding habits or correct,

I found out from this website that Flea Market vendors are not very trustworthy with the way that they handled the gliders, I wanted to make sure that he was not lying to me.

He said that they favorited cantaloupe and ears of corn, that might just be the specific glider

He also said no meat because it gives them a Musky smell

He also gave me a protein powder to sprinkle on to the fruit every other night,

Currently I have fed her two pieces of bite-sized cantaloupe in a small cut of an ear of corn and put two nutrient pellets in there for her, I wanted to know if that is good,

Thank you for reading I just wanted to make sure that she will have a good life
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2018
10:48:04 PM
keena127 Joey 24 Posts
I use the BML diet for my four sugar gliders, and please get another glider so she won't be alone. Feed her this diet along with different kinds of fruits and vegetables. You can find almost every single ingredient for this diet at the grocery store.

BML diet
bmldiet.com/bml-recipe.html

And in case you need a new cage, this one will fit two sugar gliders
www.exoticnutrition.com/Products/Brisbane-Cage__GA13221A.aspx

And there are a lot of good safe toys and safe pouches on Etsy to decorate their cage. And do a lot of research too.

Hopefully, this helped you, and it's good that you are concerned about her and if her diet is correct. Which, the man was lying to you if he said to just feed them fruits and veggies with the pellets ONLY. Because they need a stable diet AND fruits and veggies alongside the diet. Usually, for the pellets, it's a personal preference most of the time but it isn't recommended for their diet.

If you have any other concerns or questions, please private message me and I would be very happy to help.

Edited by - keena127 on Jul 08 2018 10:53:49 PM
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2018
11:49:43 PM
MollyAndOlivia Glider Visit MollyAndOlivia's Photo Album 59 Posts
I use the Critter Love Plus diet from www.critterlove.com for my two gliders. You should check out their HPW diets. They also have salad recipes to go alongside with the diet.

You can feed your new glider the BML diet, Suggie Soup, Critter Love etc. Gliders need a staple diet. They need to be able to have the protein and nutrients to survive and live a long healthy life. So yes, the man was lying. Well, he just was not feeding them how they should be fed. They should not live off of Cantaloupe, corn, and pellets. Yes they can be fed pellets just make sure to get a good trustable brand. There are many staple diets out here for sugar glider so try one out and see how your suggie likes it! :)

I hope I was able to help! This is not mandatory but, you may want to get another sugar glider for a playmate :) you do not have to but, Sugar Gliders are just very affectionate animals who love company. So having another glider in the cage with them will be a great idea. If you can't get a second one anytime soon, make sure you spend a lot of time with your glider. If you see any signs of overgrooming, not eating, or just basically looking sad and upset, this can mean your glider is becoming lonely and depressed. Enjoy your new glider!! #10084;#65039;
Food, Diet
Jul 09 2018
01:18:51 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

two diets that are popular
1. critterlove.com (old version called OHPW)
2. BML

CORN IN BAD, IS HIGH IN PHOSPHATES. corn is only used in a small amount of total diet of fruits and veggies.

A good diet means you don't need to use sprinkle powder, this is a bad method. did you sprinkle enough? did you sprinkle to little? are they eating the sprinkle or around it? just not a very good method.

NO meat cause its high in fat, will make your glider very fat, also high protein is said to make gliders and pee smell strong/bad.

do some research and find a good healthy diet. what you are feeding is not good enough long term.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders