Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this toy safe for my sugar gliders?
Heated Debates
Jul 09 2018
04:08:39 PM
Hey! I was wondering if this stuffed animal is okay to put in a gliders cage as a toy? I have no clue if they can play with stuffed animals which is why i'm asking :)

Thanks for reading :)
Heated Debates
Jul 10 2018
02:18:55 PM
kidqwik Joey Visit kidqwik's Photo Album 47 Posts
I wouldn't put that in their cage. Their nails could get caught in it and they may self mutilate to free themselves and they may start pulling out the hair of the stuffed animal,ingesting it having it clog up their digestive track.
Heated Debates
Jul 10 2018
03:36:34 PM
MollyAndOlivia Glider Visit MollyAndOlivia's Photo Album 59 Posts
Agh! Okay, thank you so much! I am so glad I checked in with you!
Heated Debates
Jul 10 2018
04:08:53 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Most people avoid stuffed animals in the cage unsupervised, because there is top stitching on them like the eyes nose n mouth. On that particular stuffy, the long fur would get gross really fast.

I've never ever heard of a glider eating stuffing, I can't even imagine them being able to swallow any of it like a dog could. But they could get tangled up in it if they got enough of it pulled out. That is IF you have a glider that chews.

It would be cute for a brief supervised photo op tho.

There are glider safe bonding buddies that are safe to put in the cage, that are stuffed with fleece. They are awesome for single gliders, scent swapping before intros and just plain cute.

https://www.facebook.com/CreatedMoments/?ref=br_rs

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders