Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Cage help!!!!!
Cage help!!!!!
Question
Jul 15 2018
09:32:19 PM
Hi!! I'm hoping to get a glider soon and so I'm looking at a bunch of different cages.
I really want a cage with horizontal bars and a drop tray.
I found this cage, and will put the description of it under The link also.

www.exoticnutrition.com/Products/The-Kritter-Castle-Cage__BA12624A.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAjw4avaBRBPEiwA_ZetYry6WvlpYxm4yb-Ca6nisbVEwskMDGPnmuwMSIqhzJtF1rwo_vvQ3xoCHswQAvD_BwE

Measurements: 46" tall (36" off stand) x 25.5" wide x 24" deep. Available in: Sandstone (not black).

Exotic Nutrition's Kritter Castle Cage is manufactured by the HQ cage company to be sturdy and long lasting. This cage is ideal for small animals that prefer extra floor space and shelfing. Very deep bottom area (enclosed on all sides) ideal for pets that throw their bedding out. Assembly is quick & easy. This cage is spacious and comfortable for your pet. The bar spacing is 1/2" wide (made specifically for small mammals) and the wire is finished in a professional powder coat animal-safe finish. Ideal for Chinchillas, Degus, Prairie Dogs, Ferrets, Rats and other medium-sized mammals. Check out the Exotic Nutrition Cage Comparison for a quick guide on what diffferentiates our 10+ cages.

Included with your cage are heavy rolling wheels and a deep, 4 inch bottom containment area. The front panel of the cage has two front doors (8" x 8") with clip-locks, and two small doors on the side of the cage for easy access. The Kritter Castle comes complete with 2 metal wire shelves, 2 metal wire ladders, and 2 double feed dishes (all removable). Also includes a removable bottom grill and pull-out tray... making cleaning easy. Available in: Sandstone (not black)

Edited by - K-girl on Jul 15 2018 09:33:38 PM
Question
Jul 16 2018
12:13:42 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
Looks like an ok cage, doesn't say its for gliders but bar spacing is 1/2 inch and that is good.

I don't like the door, its very small, making wheel install needed from the top, and to clean must come out the top every time. And if your glider aren't bonded that small door would be a pain to get them. Even the big cage doors I have the gliders can move fast and be a pain if they decide to run.

I use and will always recommend my favorite critter nation cage.

www.amazon.com/MidWest-Critter-162-leak-Proof-Measures/dp/B001NJ0DAY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1531717995&sr=8-2&keywords=critter+nation+cage
Question
Jul 16 2018
05:53:19 PM
K-girl Starting Member 0 Posts
Awesome thanks for the advice! I was looking at the critter nation cage also and if I did get that cage I was thinking of not adding the middle floor shelf/pan thing. But then I found this and thought I would get some options on it
The critter castle cage has two main doors that are 8×8inches and 2 small side doors that can be ziptied closed. Are the 8×8 inch doors too small??

Edited by - K-girl on Jul 16 2018 06:06:26 PM
Cage help!!!!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Cage help!!!!!