Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Unhappy glider, can someone help?
Information
Jul 18 2018
11:43:48 AM
I've had my Sammy for about 6 months, she's around 9 months old at the moment. She's been doing pretty well until a few weeks ago. She's alone and doesn't have a cage mate, but we're trying to find her one asap. When I first got her, she would jump around her cage and play all night, but now she only wakes up for a few hours. And when she does, she either sits on her perch or eats. I've seen her play a few time recently but not very often. I was hoping someone could give me advice on how to cheer her up until I get her a friend?
Information
Jul 18 2018
12:40:42 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
you dont say anything about a running wheel.
IF you dont have one, I'd spend $40 (specially since you are getting a second one)
and get a freedom wheel.

atticworx.com/Freedomwheel.htm

It may take her awhile to start using it, she could start right away, or even not use it. But its seems to be fun for most of my gliders.

I have some small cups in our cage, foraging cups. I would put a few in different areas of the cage, put maybe HALF a treat in each every other night, and let her search for treats in the cups. I would use dried mealworm or yogurt drops. if she has a favorite healthy food "peas" you could put that in the cup.

www.amazon.com/Shopkins-Season-Bundle-Items-Basket/dp/B010KNA25O/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1531935464&sr=8-25&keywords=shopkins+baskets

the shopkins we got at walmart are nice foraging cups.

get a feather, play with her like a cat, some gliders love going after a feather.
change up her cage, ?get a bigger cage? move around toys or add toys.
we get kids toys from store and they like exploring or hanging out in them.

have an out of cage place, let her out to run around and explore, make the out of cage place glider safe.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Jul 18 2018 12:41:43 PM
Information
Jul 18 2018
04:09:21 PM
sSammy223 Starting Member KY, USA 0 Posts
I've changed her cage a few times in the past month, and she seems to enjoy the new setup I have at the moment. She has a pretty healthy diet, and I have a wheel and few climbing and foraging toys. I've tried to make her some new toys such as a little ball pit, but she tried to eat the balls so I had to take it out. She seemed happy when I took her out for playtime earlier, but whenever she's in the cage she tries to hide in the pull out tray (she managed to fit through the bars) or runs strait to her pouch. She hasn't been using her wheel or many of her toys lately, she used to spend hours playing with them but now she plays for a few minutes and goes back to he pouch. I figured she was just lonely so I've been looking for another female near me to get.
Information
Jul 18 2018
09:51:35 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Sgga is coming up right quick, it's a glider convention in Lexington Ky. There will be breeders there from all over the country that will deliver to Sgga and save you shipping. https://www.facebook.com/SGGA-258790247464756/ If you can go it's also a great place to learn a lottttttttt. There is usually a meet and greet the night before to the convention but I'm not sure how they are doing that this year.

You also may try the the Ky glider group, there are rehomes in there sometimes https://www.facebook.com/groups/347025441984900/

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat