Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Can sugar gliders be allergic to antiobiotics???
Health related
Aug 06 2018
09:08:49 PM
I took my glider to the vet and he prescribed my glider with an antibiotic and something that’s supposed to coat his like digestive system. This morning he seemed to be doing so much better, eating solid foods, running around, drinking without being forced. After I gave my glider the antibiotic for the second time and the other one for the third time, he threw up and then started twitching or seizing or something. He also had some sort of liquid around his mouth.
Health related
Aug 06 2018
09:45:15 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
what was the antibiotics prescribed for? is there a diagnosis of something imparticular?
Health related
Aug 06 2018
09:50:07 PM
knomeymd Starting Member Visit knomeymd's Photo Album 5 Posts
He was having really bad constipation and his bladder was enlarged, along with pain and heavy breathing. There was no specific diagnosis, but he did see some of his feces and it was really green at the time, so he knew there was an infection.
Health related
Aug 06 2018
09:52:52 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh right right i remember the green poo. Did the vet do fecals on the poo??
Health related
Aug 06 2018
09:56:41 PM
He did not. I will have to ask him about that.
Health related
Aug 06 2018
09:58:59 PM
He just did a urine test and he definitely has an infection in there. He’s planning on giving him another injection, this time with an anti inflammatory and antibiotic.
Health related
Aug 06 2018
10:02:00 PM
ok, yes i would insist on it. Specifically looking for giardia.

There aren't many things that will make a glider throw up, it's a symptom of only a couple different things and the way his poop looks I would look heavily at parasites.

i'm going to ask a few questions please answer as thoroughly as you can, no details are to small. I am not asking to judge , but if he was constipated that is usually food related.

What diet are you feeding, please include everything you put on the plate.

What treats are you giving, please include everything you give them.

Enlarged bladder, did they test his urine?

What kind of water do you give him
Health related
Aug 06 2018
10:03:12 PM
sorry i didn't see that you said they did test his urine .

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders