Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Storms and gliders?
Storms and gliders?
Question
Aug 07 2018
05:01:27 PM
I'm currently sitting down with my gliders in their favorite pouch. We got an unexpected storm. My gliders are scared to death. The thunder sounds like horribly loud gunshots. They were shaking when i got them out the cage. Do your gliders get scared when there's a storm?
Question
Aug 07 2018
05:18:59 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Where you at? we just got a storm about 20 min ago in Dover fla.

i have one girl that gets a little squirrely sometimes when we get storms but she's not scared, the barometric pressure change screws with her n she goes nuts like she just drank 6 pots of coffee it doesn't happen as much now that shes matured but when it did there was no keeping her in a pouch no matter what time of day it was.

The rest of my gliders sleep right through storms and fireworks they just aren't phased by much lol
Question
Aug 07 2018
05:45:19 PM
MollyAndOlivia Glider Visit MollyAndOlivia's Photo Album 59 Posts

I'm in New York! my girl was shaking. Now shes in a warm pouch with me so she is calm. I don't get how they slept through fireworks on Fourth Of July but, thunder scared them
Question
Aug 07 2018
05:51:58 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
lol i'll be in ny in a couple weeks, Chautauqua lake area.

Thunder is different than fireworks lol thunder can shake the house, the barometric pressure usually changes when storms roll in, the wind etc...
Question
Aug 07 2018
06:17:37 PM
Trueee I didn't think about the difference between fireworks and thunder I put my glider back in the cage because there was no more thunder and as soon as i did, loud thunder strikes and they jumped on me! Are you going to the sugar glider conference in Ohio? I am. I'm trying to figure out things to pack so I can buy it be prepared because knowing me I'll be at the store the day I'm supposed to leave for Ohio lol

Edited by - MollyAndOlivia on Aug 07 2018 06:31:05 PM
Question
Aug 07 2018
07:05:17 PM

well you are their tree, your are their safe spot! that is awesome in a way

no, i wish i could !! but i'm going to ny to see my kids and granbaby then coming back to fla.
Question
Aug 07 2018
07:41:15 PM
Well, then I love being a tree!

I'm glad I'm able to go. I found an emergency kit and a little travel kit with freeze dried salad and the food on critter loves website that I'll order for them when it's April lol. Have a safe trip and have fun seeing your kids and granbaby!!
Question
Aug 07 2018
07:51:09 PM
TY

Peggy will probably be vending at the ohio gathering she will have most of that stuff there or can deliver to there n save you shipping. You will have a great time and meet so many awesome people!!

I'm not hosting the gathering in fla this year, but i may go to the meet n greet to see all the out of staters lol

Question
Aug 07 2018
08:31:34 PM
ChipandDalesMom Joey Visit ChipandDalesMom's Photo Album 32 Posts
The storm just rolled through here in MA. It's funny to watch the storm progression on here. It's like Sugar Glider Weather. I have never heard of a Convention around the Boston area or an exotics show. We do have way too many reptile expos though. Especially over the border in NH. They are great for deals on mealworms but it's mostly snakes for sale.
Question
Aug 07 2018
09:05:10 PM
thats awesome

ChipandDalesMom the closest one to you is ohio's or last years sgga it was held in wisconsin, this year it was in Ky like just a week ago or so. Sgga is the longest running gathering for gliders, next year it will be in Arkansas, they try to move it to different states every year but many of the same people go to it every year regardless of where it is.

Some of the veterans in the community travel to all the gatherings and are usually speakers, like Shelly Sterk she runs the ohio one and speaks at all the other ones, she is heading up the diet study and very knowledgeable on almost all the glider topics.

Bourbon who created bml and the custom cruiser , she is an amazing speaker and covers anything from diet to bonding to medical issues She is a born public speaker.

Peggy who created critter love usually hits all of them she vends, and speaks and has an awesome presentation on flowers and trees for gliders. She is also very knowledgeable on diets and dietary needs.

Sherri lamb tries to make most of them though i'm not sure if she speaks or not she didn't at ours here in fla but she is a riot to talk to.

Those are some of the heavy hitters that almost always make it to every gathering. if you ever get the chance to attend one its an amazing experience

Question
Aug 07 2018
09:22:21 PM
Well, then I love being a tree!

I'm glad I'm able to go. I found an emergency kit and a little travel kit with freeze dried salad and the food on critter loves website that I'll order for them when it's April lol. Have a safe trip and have fun seeing your kids and granbaby!!
Question
Aug 17 2018
09:18:17 PM
Hey!!

I decided to go back to this topic because I'm getting a HUGE storm tonight here in NY. There's gonna be heavy rain and thunder. It is night time and they're playing right now so I hope they don't get scared lol
Storms and gliders?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Storms and gliders?