Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Lost sugar glider and can't go on...
Health related
Aug 16 2018
07:32:50 PM
I have been utilizing this site for months but just joined today. I lost my Money in the beginning of June. I had him playing outside his cage but on it and he completely disappeared. He had never ventured off without me and we had such a bond that I would have never imagined. I told everyone he was my soulmate and he was the best thing in my life.
When I got him we bonded immediately but didn't like other people and was known to bite. I was his 5th home and spent all of my time with him. I got to the point i started getting up at midnight to play.I heard they should have a partner but was told it i spent at least 3-4 hours he would be fine. I didn't do my homework besides nutrition because he seemed so happy. He only squacked when he wanted to come out.
Sorry so long but I need to know if there is any possible chance he is alive. I believe now that he has got outside with a million places to hide but the temperature has been warm the whole time. Call will be coming in a month and I don't know what to do i search every night but no luck. I have a hugepile of things I need to put in the dumpster thatwas here when he disappeared. Is there any chance at this point of me finding him? There aren't loose animals near here so could be possibly be alive? Thank you for listening
Health related
Aug 16 2018
08:13:17 PM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
only thing I can suggest it putting his pouch on outside of his cage (if he in house finding turds and crumbs of food anywhere?) if not then can hope for best luck and tie it to a tree and check it every morning and see if he in it by luck. also if in apartment let others know he escaped he might of just found a place to stay until you find him ( bumming on someone couch type deal if lucky) I never get up hope until a body is found or you have sub 50 temps fora week)

as for the stuff ( if you mean his cage and such put it on Craigslist or see if a local glider rescue can use any of it ( never waste a good cage )

Edited by - mechnut450 on Aug 16 2018 08:15:01 PM
Health related
Aug 16 2018
08:23:54 PM
Chilvr Starting Member 2 Posts
Thank you so much for your ideas and hope. I hope to get another glider but want to wait for Morty so he doesn't feel overwhelmed by 2. I must sound like a bad owner but I really never thought he would leave and it was literally the first time I left him out alone. I can't stop beating myself up for putting his fun instead of safety. I am not a nutter actually a therapist and have never had grief like this and I have had lots of losses. He literally was the best pet and I miss him dearly.
Health related
Aug 20 2018
11:34:08 AM
Pearson Joey 35 Posts
Any updates on your Suggie? :(

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders