Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar glider question?
Sugar glider question?
Question
Aug 18 2018
10:19:18 PM
I’m getting sugar gliders pretty soon and they’ll be staying with me in a studio apartment. My roommate has cats though. However, we will be moving into a bigger home with bedrooms only a few weeks after I start owning the sugar gliders. Also one of us will always be home to supervise the animals. I’m nervous about the cats going up to the glider cage and bothering them, or climbing up on the cage while I’m asleep. I’m wondering if moving the cage into the bathroom (toilet seat down) with the door closed will be okay every night like will they be able to breathe perfectly fine? And does anyone know if cats either: bother sugar gliders in their cage all the time, or do cats not care and will leave the sugar gliders alone? Ty!
Question
Aug 18 2018
10:29:03 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
cat behaviour I would believe would be dependent on the cat.

I have dogs, a beagle and two german sheperds. they leave the sugar gliders alone in the cage. most of the time the gliders sleep during day, and dogs sleep at night, so they don't interact much. NOW the gliders have their own room.
BUT the dogs will try to kill anything outside they can get. they go for the squirrel, have gotten one rabbit before I could stop them, and outback alone once they got a raccoon. So I would NEVER let my gliders and dogs interact. I would be way to scared the dogs would try to bite the gliders.

I would have to have COMPLETE confidence the gliders would be safe. it takes ONE cat nail, ONE time threw the cage bars and you have a sad story.
Sugar glider question?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar glider question?