Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Giving New gliders time to adjust to new cage for a 2nd time?
Question
Aug 22 2018
09:45:25 PM
Hello! First post on here!

I recently got my first pair of suggies on Sunday. I have researched them a lot and actually have an experienced friend who has been guiding me through the process (and actually introduced sugar gliders to me). Now on to my question: My friend had a spare cage that I kept my gliders in while they got adjusted. After waiting two days they could settle down and get used to the scents and new environment, I began carrying them around in their pouch. Luca hates it when I carry them around but will shut up and fall asleep on my squishy legs if I just sit as I do work on the computer (I work from home.) Marlo is pretty much the same.

I had them in their cage for four days, but I found the cage had instabilities and got a different one. I transferred the boys to their new cage today. I wanted to see if I should wait to handle them again? All their stuff is in the new cage which I have tested and made sure is sturdy. It's really just different bars and layout. Should I wait a couple days again before I take them out so I can give them time to adjust?

They were really doing so well. Luca would let me pet him and when I hand feed him he props his front legs on my hand while he keeps his back two on the cage. It is so cute! When I put them up at night so they can frolic around while they get used to me they like to just stick their head out of the pouch and watch me type. Marlo always comes over to sniff and he tries to bite but I make the "tsst" sound and he stops.
Question
Aug 22 2018
11:17:57 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would say go ahead and do what you have been doing. I would not wait because of the new cage.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders