Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Chronic Constipation Biting His Own Anus?Infection?
Health related
Aug 27 2018
07:42:26 AM
My sugar glider male about 10month old had a proytruding anus and had difficultly pooping. as a result he seems to be biting his anus and squeaking like a mouse.
i brought him to a vet and the vet told me to put ice on his anus and apply a cream.
i did as he told and today my glider's skin color around his anus turns into greyish with a stinky odor. i got paniced and get him to vet. Vet told me he got infection and need to flush his anus with sodiumchloride solution. i am extremly worried right now.
he is still having trouble pooing and would lick and bite his anus and genitalia. i dont know how to stop him from that.
i need serious advice. non of the vets in my town are exotic vets they only mainly care dog and cats.

i also need help on what to feed him. your help is greatly appreciated. pls i cant bear to see him suffering.
Health related
Aug 28 2018
07:12:07 PM
kidqwik Joey Visit kidqwik's Photo Album 47 Posts
Sound like he's constipated and that could be for various reasons. He need fluids for sure. I'd try to find another vet. Join Sugar Glider ABC's and 123s on Facebook and ask. A lot of people can give advice there. Sounds like he will need antibiotics as well.

Here's FB link:

Sugar Glider ABC's and 123's
Health related
Aug 30 2018
11:39:44 AM
Pearson Joey 35 Posts
You could try getting a cone for small animals from your vet? They type that go around your pets head to stop them from scraching and bitting themselves.

As for diets you need either BML or Critter Love. If you need something right now go with BML. Everything can be made from your local stores and you don't have to wait for shipping etc.

www.bmldiet.com/bml-recipe.html

Error, missing URL. m

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders