GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Are essential oils safe?
Are essential oils safe?
Question
Aug 29 2018
11:02:29 PM
Hi!
My mom is really into essential oils and diffusing them and that kind of thing. This summer, for whatever reason, the fruit fly gods have decided to generously supply my sugar glider cages with TONS of fruit flies! #128529; so I’ve been attempting to get rid of them in various ways. I saw somewhere that if you diffuse lemongrass/ other oils then others rid of/ prevents flies and other bugs because they can’t stand the smell. So I was thinking about trying to diffuse the oils in my room. But.. if I did, would it hurt my sugar gliders? Like the smell?
Question
Sep 02 2018
01:38:12 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
it depends on how ventilated the room is, which essences are used, which quantity, and so on...
I do diffuse eucalyptus and tea-tree oil a few hours a day without adverse effect, but I have an ultrasonic diffuser set to the minimum and it would use less than 0.2ml a day were it to be in function all day long.

A sure thing though, keep the diffuser as far away as possible from th cage and make sure the gliders cannot enter in contact with the oil.
Are essential oils safe?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Are essential oils safe?