Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What is this noise?
What is this noise?
Health related
Sep 05 2018
07:56:05 AM
So I have had Mabel and Stitch for about a month now. I have had Ophelia for 3. Ever since I got Mabel she makes this weird crab at night. I have brought her to the vet (last Thursday) and she is healthy as can be. She seems to do it around the time she wakes up, often in the pouch when Stitch is with her. He was neutered three weeks ago. What is the sound?! I uploaded it to YouTube for you to hear

Error, missing URL. Q
Health related
Sep 05 2018
07:58:42 AM
Emmikate Joey Visit Emmikate's Photo Album 33 Posts

https://youtu.be/L4dy8eHYH9Q
Health related
Sep 05 2018
10:50:21 AM
ChipandDalesMom Joey Visit ChipandDalesMom's Photo Album 32 Posts
As soon as I saw your post I started laughing before I even listened to the audio because my boys do the same thing every night. I'm not sure which one it is or if it is one that wakes the other or is mad cuz he's been woken up or if one of them just doesn't like getting up at all. I suspect Chip is trying to get Dale up to come play. They are twin brothers and they are completely devoted to each other but man do they hiss at each other a lot at night. It's probably nothing more than one saying to the other "get your foot out of my eye and stop trying to physically drag me out of bed" or "stop jumping on me I will get up when I'm ready" brotherly love lol
Health related
Sep 05 2018
02:16:16 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
ours usually do this when out and about running around the play room. Gus will chase someone and they will respond with that sound, usually longer and very loud.
they also do it in the pouch sometimes.
I make it as "LEAVE ME ALONE, I TIRED OF YOUR BULL, NOW BACKOFF."
Health related
Sep 06 2018
01:34:52 AM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
Mine make that noise at each other to tell each other they don't like something, like if one is grooming the other too roughly or shoving him and taking his spot in the pouch. Mine squabble like this a lot but they never actually fight and never hurt each other. It's normal.

Edited by - Scoria on Sep 06 2018 01:35:27 AM
Health related
Sep 07 2018
01:16:15 PM
Emmikate Joey Visit Emmikate's Photo Album 33 Posts
Should i be concerned about her stress level if she does this all night at him and at the single glider in the seperate cage?
What is this noise?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What is this noise?