GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Adopting Rehabilitated Sugar Gliders
Question
Sep 06 2018
08:37:57 AM
Hello!

I am a first year veterinary student with a boyfriend who is extremely enthusiastic about animals and, especially, sugar gliders. However, we believe animals should be in the wild if their habitats are apt to house them and they are able to survive.

He has always wanted a pair of sugar gliders. Does anyone know of any sugar glider breeders or rehabilitation centers that adopt out sugar gliders that cannot be sent to the wild? Do these even exist for sugar gliders?

Thanks,
SK
Question
Sep 06 2018
02:44:39 PM
scoot Joey 30 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by skurdizzle

Hello!

I am a first year veterinary student with a boyfriend who is extremely enthusiastic about animals and, especially, sugar gliders. However, we believe animals should be in the wild if their habitats are apt to house them and they are able to survive.

He has always wanted a pair of sugar gliders. Does anyone know of any sugar glider breeders or rehabilitation centers that adopt out sugar gliders that cannot be sent to the wild? Do these even exist for sugar gliders?

Thanks,
SK

Sugar gliders are native to Australia, so you probably won't find any "wild" ones that need to be housed for rehabilitation. I don't know if they could survive in the wild in America.
Question
Sep 07 2018
08:51:33 PM
ChipandDalesMom Joey Visit ChipandDalesMom's Photo Album 32 Posts
Look on Craigslist for someone looking to rehome. A lot of people just don't realize the amount of care and interaction these guys need and if they can't rehomed them then they often dump them off at a shelter. There are a lot of glider specific rescues popping up more frequently because of this and you could also check the Humane Society in your area. Some shelters take in small animals and exotics or they may be able to point you in the right direction. It's nice to see that you are looking to adopt ! Keep checking "my pet needs a new home" section here too. Good luck !

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders