Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP sugarglider has brownish pee
Health related
Sep 09 2018
02:11:52 PM
I have 2 sugargliders 1 fixed male and 1 female both about 5 yrs old. About a week ago I noticed there was brownish pee on the bottom tray so i went to wash it and the next night there was still brownish pee. They both look normal and are playing normal. Is this a problem or will it go away?
Health related
Sep 09 2018
04:04:44 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Hello!
I'm not an expert, this is just my opinion.

Brown pee doesn't sound normal, and if it were me I would check for dehydration. I would clean the cage and check it again tomorrow, and then if it's still happening schedule a vet appointment.

Other people who know more than me might want to know about their diet to gather more information before responding.
Health related
Sep 09 2018
04:33:39 PM
Dina431 Starting Member 9 Posts
I have cleaned it to check and it's still happening. What should I do if I cant get to a vet for a week or 2? Also you said check for dehydration how do I do that? I have 2 of the water bottles that hang on the cage so I know if they want water they can have it. Any other ideas of what I should do or what could be wrong?

Edited by - Dina431 on Sep 09 2018 04:35:33 PM
Health related
Sep 09 2018
05:14:39 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
To check for dehydration gently pinch the skin together to form a "tent". If it stays like that, they're dehydrated. If it goes back down, not dehydrated.

Check to make sure those water bottles are working. Lots of people use the water silo instead of the water bottle because it doesn't get clogged and it's easy to see if they're running out.

It's really hard to guess about what's wrong without knowing more about the situation! Could the brown pee actually be diarrhea?

Please tell us as much as you can about their diet because that can really help the knowledgeable people on this site who may read this after me and be able to offer really valuable advice.

If you weigh your gliders or know how much they used to weigh it might be helpful to weigh them again to see if they're losing weight.
Health related
Sep 10 2018
09:00:16 PM
Dina431 Starting Member 9 Posts
I checked for dehydration on both of them there skin goes down immediately and wont even stay up.

As for the diet every day I give them the hpw mixture along with 2 mealworms a week and daily fruits and veggies. I recently bought fresh fruit and veggies so they have been getting watermelon,honeydew,cantelope,grapes, pineapple, celery,cauliflower, bok choy, carrots,and bean pods.

Usually I have prepared frozen food for them and the prepared vegetable one has bokchoy, butternut squash,cucumber, sweet potato, peas, yogurt and orange juice.

For the prepared fruits one of them has papya, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. The other prepared fruit I usually give them has mango,papaya and blue berries.

About the diharria there is poop on the tray so I think it's not that.

Lastly I have never weighed them but if that's something I should start doing then I will weigh them and see if they are losing any weight.

Edited by - Dina431 on Sep 10 2018 09:02:20 PM
Health related
Sep 11 2018
08:47:52 AM
Pearson Joey 35 Posts
Your safest option is to get them a vet appointment and have them check the urine.

Nothing about their diet stands out as bad...? So it's probably not that but idk

If you Google brown urine the results suggest bleeding, kidney, or liver issues. That's for humans but are still possibilities for gliders.

It could also be an infection of some kind?

I would just take them to the vet to be sure and get some antibiotics for them.

Edited by - Pearson on Sep 11 2018 08:54:06 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders