Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Injured glider
Injured glider
Health related
Sep 10 2018
06:31:30 AM
Hi, I’m new to the site. I really need some advice. I was woken up this morning by my brother and he said one of my gliders had fallen from the very top of the cage ( 6 and a half ft tall) and landed on his back. I immediately went and looked at him and he is very lethargic, I definitely feel a broken tail in multiple places, he’s breathing a bit shallow, and he won’t drink any water. I’m afraid he has broken his back. He will sometimes act as if he is trying to glide but and it also looks like it’s a spasm of some sort. Any advice will help! Thank you.
Health related
Sep 10 2018
07:33:09 AM
Pearson Joey 35 Posts
You need to take them to the vet ASAP!

Call and tell your vet it's an emergency and explain the situation. They might give you some tips on how to carefully transport our glider to them.

Keep us updated :(
Health related
Sep 10 2018
05:18:53 PM
Eclipse252 Starting Member 2 Posts
Unfortunately the injury was too severe and there was nothing that could have been done. Sadly He passed away about 10 minutes ago. Now I’m worried about his mate. They have been together for years. I know that they can grieve themselves to the point of death, but I have no clue on how to help her.
Health related
Sep 11 2018
08:36:42 AM
Pearson Joey 35 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss :(

Maybe keep your other suggie closer to you during this time? More bonding and treats and try to find them a new cage mate so they aren't the only glider.

Also since your glider fell from the very top of the cage making/buying some large hammocks and ropes to decorate the cage might help prevent these accidents from happening again/catch them if they fall etc
Injured glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Injured glider