Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How often/much can I feed Insectivore-Fare pellets to my Suggies?
Food, Diet
Sep 19 2018
09:24:13 PM
When I first received my Sugar Gliders, I was given some ExoticNutrition Insectivore-Fare pellets and told not to give more than seven pellets to both of my Suggies, and not to give the pellets too often. However, it has recently struck me that since the previous owner gave the Gliders a steady diet of frozen peas and carrots (with the occasional corn pieces) they might have been wrong about the pellets. I know that the vegetables were not a good source of Calcium/Phosphorus and have been giving them a wide variety of higher calcium foods, but I don't know if increasing the amount of pellets I give them will have an adverse reaction with what I am already feeding them, especially since I know insects are often fed as a protein booster, and I'm already feeding them the High Protean Wombaroo diet. Does anyone know if this will be a problem or if I am just jumping to conclusions?

I currently feed them CritterLove® HPW-Plus and various fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
Food, Diet
Sep 20 2018
05:34:38 PM
kidqwik Joey Visit kidqwik's Photo Album 47 Posts
If you are feeding them CL Plus(which is what I feed mine), you should be just feeding them that and one of the 5 salads listed there. I use salads 5 currently.
The salad in combination with the CLP should provide them all their nutritional needs. I wouldn't be feeding the Wombaroo on top the Critter Love. That being said, I also give mealworms, waxworms, and yoggies as treats. I also leave some pellets in a bowl in the cage in case they get hungry during they day. I do not use ExoticNutrition, but instead Happy Glider Pellets from Pet-Pro. Mine love the Honey Nectar flavor. https://www.pet-pro.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=lo82n2nqlv8o596ea5hn7ifm81

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders