Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How to keep the glider mess contained?
Question
Sep 24 2018
07:10:33 AM
I have had sugar gliders for a year and a half now and have been dealing with the mess. They throw their food (even though I have a glider cafeteria) and their poop is basically projectile. I have an old bed spread laid out under the cage to catch the mess and I vacuum often. However, now I am moving into a house with a roommate and the gliders will be staying in the guest room. I want all of their food and feces to stay inside their cage to reduce the mess in this person's house and to leave the bedroom clean and useable for when guests visit. What can I do to keep the mess inside the cage instead of all over the floor. If I can't solve this problem and the musty smell, I will have to sell them which I do not want to do.

Thank you for the advice!
Question
Sep 24 2018
01:58:13 PM
Meeshell Starting Member 2 Posts
I have a fleece "apron" around my gliders cage the side that is up against a wall i have a piece of fleece covering the entire back of the cage. Easy to wash once a week when I wash their cage. I found when I added a shoe box sized plastic cafeteria it helped
Question
Sep 25 2018
12:51:36 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
I have some fleece around my cage as well, it does help with the scatter. You can also get a carpet protector mat to put down under the cage.
Question
Sep 25 2018
08:35:16 PM
jinglebells0518 Joey 25 Posts
Yes I have a mat now and it's easy to vacuum but if I go away for a few days and the homeowner petsits for us I don't want him to have to walk through the mess in his own home. Basically I'm trying to make the illusion they are clean animals lol

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders