Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Constipated suggie
Constipated suggie
Health related
Sep 28 2018
07:46:43 PM
What can I do to help my constipated suggie?
Health related
Sep 28 2018
08:27:17 PM
The Saurus Starting Member 5 Posts
You can feed your glider something that has laxative like properties, such as prunes, apples, or citrus fruits like oranges. If they don't eat the fruits then next time you mix your own HPW (or whatever liquid staple you use), you can mix in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds into it. Since chia seed is a natural mild laxative, it won't cause your glider to have the runs, but it will cause their stool to be looser... that is, if they actually EAT the seeds instead of spitting them back out like mine do...
Health related
Sep 29 2018
12:46:46 AM
PharSytid Starting Member 8 Posts
Thank you Saurus
Health related
Sep 29 2018
08:03:57 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
what diet and snacks are you feeding?

constipation is usually food related... figure out what is causing it then stop feeding whats causing the issue.

Edited by - Leela on Sep 29 2018 08:11:48 AM
Health related
Sep 29 2018
03:24:58 PM
PharSytid Starting Member 8 Posts
Hello and thank you for your reply. I just got my suggies and started them on the pet glider fresh diet. Their previous diet was horrific and I thought maybe the change contributed to his constipation but he was fine until two days ago after being on new diet for a week. I had been upping the ante on meal worms trying to bond with my new babies- if anything diet is culprit, that would be my guess. If so, how do I "reverse " the over mealy effect? Of course, I cut out meal worms for the time being. Poor Smudge he is hissing and obviously uncomfortable; I have an appointment with our vet this afternoon. Alice is fine. Oh Smudge is an altered male, I don't know if that could cause issues like this as I never had any with my previous neutered males. Any input is appreciated.
Constipated suggie

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Constipated suggie