Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No bald spot
No bald spot
Question
Oct 01 2018
05:32:21 PM
Is it possible for a neutered male to not have a bald spot on his head? My new glider Smudge doesn't have a bald spot and I was told he was neutered by his previous owner; however, his physical anatomy and the "smell" in their cage sure resembles an unaltered male glider???
Question
Oct 02 2018
12:28:19 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
The "bald" spot is not always necessarily visible (in fact, it is not bald, it's just that the fur is pulled on the side).
People who have large colonies with several males have noticed that actually, only the one who actively does most of the marking has a prominent bald spot, while it's not really noticeable on the other males.
Question
Oct 02 2018
09:19:29 PM
PharSytid Starting Member 8 Posts
Sjusovare-
Again, I thank you for your reply #128578;. I also see a "button" on Smudge's abdomen; it is very small , but it is there. As I mentioned, there sure is that distinct scent of an unaltered male glider also- ? I have had him for almost two weeks and he has been very challenging thus far regarding any attempts at bonding. As a matter of fact, he usually goes into a crabbing frenzy at my mere presence- I haven't had a suggie behave like this before and honestly, my feelings are hurt; little guy is going to give me a complex! But that is the impact of a glider: small in size yet grandiose in effectiveness! If you have any further input, I appreciate you.#128578;
Susan
Question
Dec 09 2018
05:50:38 PM
Mhamilton85 Starting Member 9 Posts
I would ask your vet at your newbie appointment. I had both of my males checked when I went to my initial wellness exam.
No bald spot

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No bald spot