GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Few questions about diy toys
Question
Oct 30 2018
06:42:05 AM
Hi everyone!
I had a question or two about some diy toys that showed up when I searched for ideas....one was using round knitting looms and making a hanging toy that you hang other toys on...I never saw a pic of a glider on it so I wasn't sure if it was for gliders or birds(since I get a lot of bird stuff when searching for glider stuff), if anyone has any information on it I would very much appreciate it. I just happen to have two sets of these looms and only use one set.

My other question was can I use popcicle sticks to make things for them? I Know it wouldn't be a reusable long term toy but popcicle sticks are cheap so having to remake stuff isn't a huge deal. And if you can use popcicle sticks what it the safest glue to use?

And last question....where do you find the bangle braclets and all the different hanging toys you hang in other toys? I can't seem to find anything.

Thank you all in advance for any information!!
Have a great day!
Question
Oct 30 2018
09:14:58 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
like these? i'm torn on these. On one hand the material they are made from are fine and the size is ok and lots of pegs to hang bracelets on for tail carriers.

On the other hand the pegs are spaced pretty close together I'd be concerned about tail injuries depending how it's used or hung.

You could probably weave a long fleece strip ( NOT YARN ) through them to take up some of the space to make it safer and give them something to hang on to to climb on it and still be able to use the knobs on the pegs for bracelets, that's probably what I would do.

2 No pop cycle sticks NO glue of any kind.

3 bracelets and rings n things most of us get at the dollar store if your making toys for personal use because they are cheaper there unless you are buying in bulk.

There are lots of places to find toy parts locally, good will stores, dollar stores, consignment stores.... and of course there are facebook groups with charm and plastic chain vendors as well as a few good glider and bird toy parts sites, etsy is a great resource as well just search sugar glider toy parts.

https://www.noahsarkandnovelty.com/

http://www.thesugargliderstore.com/ToyParts.html

Edited by - Leela on Oct 30 2018 09:16:09 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders