Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
ATE A WILD LIZARD HELP!!
ATE A WILD LIZARD HELP!!
Health related
Nov 08 2018
07:38:59 PM
I have made a post mentioning my gliders living outside as in their cage is outside and now I'm freaking out because my adult female (Scrat) ate a wild lizard in Florida. Just to give context on why they are being kept outside is because of my parent's complaints about their smell on the cage, not my gliders but their cage and toys, but i can't clean them all the time as I am a highschool junior. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Health related
Nov 09 2018
12:53:17 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Unless the lizard was poisonned, I wouldnt worry too much, that's part of their natural diet.
On the topic of the smell, actually, cleaning their cage too often would make it smell more because they wouldn't find their own smell on their territory and would mark it much more to compensate.
Health related
Nov 09 2018
12:54:03 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I have no idea if a lizard is bad for a glider, sorry.
but given they live in the wild naturally and they would normally eat something
that is smaller and they could catch, there is probably a good chance your glider will be fine.

maybe call a vet...or check on the internet to see if any zoo's have gliders
and call them and see if you can get an answer?
Health related
Dec 11 2018
12:25:59 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
The danger is parasites mainly. She's probably fine, as long as it wasn't something poisonous. If she looks bad after a while she may need deworming from a vet, so just keep that in mind in case.
ATE A WILD LIZARD HELP!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
ATE A WILD LIZARD HELP!!