Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Rest In Peace, My Angels
Rest In Peace, My Angels
Memorial, Passing, Remembrance
Nov 18 2018
12:48:54 PM

When I came home, one sugar glider was on the couch and one was on the floor of my bedroom.
Wet.
Stone cold.
Stiff.
The dogs that were at our house ( that we’re visiting) broke into my room and.. got them.
Comet and Abel. My two angels. We’d been through practically everything together, especially Comet. All my sugar gliders are my babies but you two of had since elementary school. I took Abel to the vet when he got sick, I tried picking up sewing for you guys, my Christmas lists comprised of nothing but things for you, to take nothing but amazing care of you, to give you the world, even though I knew my room would be nothing close to the rainforest. When I got baby Rocky, nothing changed. I was saving up to have Comet neutered so they could all get along and live in the brand new Critter Nation together.
Rocky was supposed to go in there at some point, but not like this.
Comet and Abel, I’m so, so sorry. The door was closed. I know it was. But just last night I SAW the door to you cage pop open, and I figured I didn’t close it all the way. The dogs must have pushed through the door.
This shouldn’t have happened. It is my fault and nobody can convince me otherwise, despite what anybody says.
I was going to get you guys the most amazing toys, the most amazing critter nation with six add ons.
I didn’t play with you last night. I’m so sorry. I was just so tired from a full day of dance All I wanted to do was head right to sleep. But I let Rocky out because I needed to fix the wheel. Now Rocky is all alone.
If I knew anything, I would’ve stayed home. Locked my door and barricaded it. Would’ve gotten you so much more. Would’ve saved the money for comet to get neutered faster and gotten you more toys and treats.
But I didn’t.
I thought I could give you two a good life, I promised I would. If you guys went to someone else I’m sure you wouldn’t be dead right now.
The lady who gave me Abel and Opi has no idea both of them are gone now. The lady who gave my mom Yoda and Comet has no idea they both are gone.
If I wasn’t such a brat all those years ago, begging my mom for a small pet day in and day out maybe you all four would’ve gone to someone else and still be alive.
What is it with me?
What am I doing wrong?
I love you more then you could ever possibly know.
Im in a nightmare right now, and I desperately want to wake up. I want to hear my alarm sound and look at you pouch, vibrating from the two of you getting comfortable as the sun starts to rise.
I’d pay any amount of money just for you to be okay, on my shoulder eating fruit again.
I’m so sorry. It wasn’t supposed to end like this. Wait for me over the rainbow bridge, we will meet again, I’m sure of it.
I love you.
I’m sorry this is all over the place. I just want to say, please, anyone who says your other pets can bond with your sugar gliders is most certainly lying ( as if you didn’t know already) Any precaution you can, take it. Then take it further. Protect your babies, don’t let what happened to mine happen to yours.
Rest In Peace my angels.
I love you.
Memorial, Passing, Remembrance
Nov 18 2018
05:37:33 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
I'm desperately sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Don't blame yourself. I'm so sorry!
Rest In Peace, My Angels

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Rest In Peace, My Angels