Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Gliders keep chewing on zipties on exercise wheel
Question
Nov 24 2018
04:31:51 AM
Hello parents! My gliders Chichi & Mungo keep chewing on the zipties of my exercise wheel and since the cage is right next to me in my bedroom, so it drives me nuts when they do it. It’s a metal cage so it’s very distracting and noisy. Every other sound doesn’t bother me except that, and I wanted to know if there is anything else they could chew on instead?

I have a lot of foraging toys and cork, among other things but they seem to go for the zip ties now everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Question
Nov 29 2018
01:24:50 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

I would use anti-pill fleece. In one direction it stretches, in the other it
doesn't stretch much. I would cut it in strips so it doesn't stretch and tie the
wheel/s down with that.

or for a few pennies you can get ear plugs at a hardware store and sleep with
them.

Information
Nov 29 2018
06:26:12 PM
Emily Holcombe Joey Visit Emily Holcombe's Photo Album Emily Holcombe's Journal 12 Posts
I just use the plastic wheel that attaches to the cage. It's relatively quiet. I believe it's called a quiet glide. You can get it at any pet store.
Question
Dec 06 2018
07:45:55 AM
drum Starting Member 8 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

I would use anti-pill fleece. In one direction it stretches, in the other it
doesn't stretch much. I would cut it in strips so it doesn't stretch and tie the
wheel/s down with that.

or for a few pennies you can get ear plugs at a hardware store and sleep with
them.

That’s a great idea with using fleece, thanks I’ll try that out! Unfortunately I already sleep with headphones to drown out the noise, but the zip tie chewing there is no drowning out. That and barking, but barking I check on them if that happens.
Question
Dec 06 2018
07:48:06 AM
drum Starting Member 8 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Holcombe

I just use the plastic wheel that attaches to the cage. It's relatively quiet. I believe it's called a quiet glide. You can get it at any pet store.

Couldn’t find what you were trying to describe, but if it is a exercise wheel I already have one called a freedom wheel that is silent and all one piece, it’s the zip ties that I use to the the wheel up that the gliders are chewing on that is my issue.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat