Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My glider is making a strange sound
Question
Dec 05 2018
01:35:37 PM
My glider Zelda (who I recently posted about because of a dominance wound) has been making this weird sound whenever she’s curious about something. I’ve been trying to find a recording or description of other gliders making this sound but I haven’t been able to find anything. I made a video myself of Zelda who was waiting patiently for a snack while making this warbly noise.

She’s been by herself due to her bite wound still healing, but I take her out a bunch and let her socialize with her siblings under supervision. (I know she’s also overgrooming because of her isolation and I’m not really sure what to do to fix that aside from put her back with her sisters, which I can’t do right now...but that’s besides the point.)

My main question is, is this a normal glider sound? I’m linking to a YouTube video I uploaded so you guys can hear what I’m talking about.

youtu.be/_i2y762gDVc

Ps. I’m sorry about the vertical video, I didn’t film it that way and have no clue how to fix it.
Question
Dec 05 2018
09:50:31 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

doesn't sound bad, sounds kind of normal.

I have one glider that clicks he's teeth together a lot of the time, specially
when he is getting in the face of the other gliders, but none of the other gliders
we have, have ever done it.

I would say zelda is fine
Question
Dec 07 2018
02:11:01 PM
alyssajordan05 Joey Visit alyssajordan05's Photo Album 25 Posts
Thank you! If it makes you feel better, almost all of my gliders click and chatter their teeth when in front of each other. I think it’s mostly a “Hey, don’t worry, it’s just me” kind of deal. I appreciate you responding!
Question
Dec 08 2018
11:17:55 PM
Mhamilton85 Starting Member 9 Posts
Sounds a bit like my gizmo when she gets avocado. I call it chorteling. It's when she is really content. She seems to only do it when I'm either holding her or hand feeding her. It's really sweet actually.
Question
Dec 11 2018
08:31:26 PM
alyssajordan05 Joey Visit alyssajordan05's Photo Album 25 Posts
That’s adorable! I’m glad someone else has experienced this glider noise. Zelda has been through some rough patches lately and it’s good to know it’s not because anything is wrong. She often makes that sound when I have food in my hand or right when I take her out of her cage. Maybe she’s happy to see me! :-) I hope so.
Question
Dec 12 2018
02:56:55 PM
Paani Glider Visit Paani's Photo Album Paani's Journal 91 Posts
Agreed with all of the above. I knew my boys were really happy with something when they'd click. Unfortunately, this usually happened out of my sight so I couldn't see what it was that made them so happy but you can just sense the happiness and contentment oozing from them when they make that sound.

I feel like I'd make that sound if I could if I got a backscratch at just the right spot ...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders