Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Mosaic or Piebald? I'm debating for sure on what these are...
Question
Dec 19 2018
11:02:56 PM
Hello!

I'm fairly new to the Glider World so everything I know is based on reading, however we recently had a new little baby emerge from the pouch. I think the parents are considered Regular and Leucistic I don't know for sure those are just my best guesses. And I was wondering weather the little Joey was a Mosaic or Piebald or maybe even both?

This is the Baby

Also if someone can I would also love to know for sure what the parents are for sure, the person we got them from didn't tell us.
Daddy

Mother
Question
Dec 20 2018
07:35:16 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I don't do much with colors or worrying about colors, I gots me a white one,
some classics and a white brownish one. but looking at the website and
pictures www.thepetglider.com yours looks like the ones labeled mosaic.
but that is just a guess based off the pictures.
Question
Dec 20 2018
07:50:27 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
The dad and joey are Mo's, the dad has "powdered out" gotten lighter over time the joey probably will also. The mom is standard grey but probably has hets without having the lineage you won't know what the hets or percentages are.
Question
Dec 21 2018
03:23:19 AM
Ayoti Starting Member 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Leela

The dad and joey are Mo's, the dad has "powdered out" gotten lighter over time the joey probably will also. The mom is standard grey but probably has hets without having the lineage you won't know what the hets or percentages are.

Thank you! Hopefully I can get the mothers linage along with the other 4 babies we have who are also regular/white-faced
Question
Dec 25 2018
01:55:14 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Dad and joey are Mosaic (Piebald is actually Mozaic, just a specific type of marking, but the marking type is random and not passed down so piebald parents do not necessarily have piebald joeys), Mom is standart grey.

Leela, as far as I recall, Mozaic is dominant so there is no such things as masked Het, same with white face (well Hets with those actually show the character, if it doesnt appear, it's that they don't have the genes so are not Het), the characters which can be carried without showing it are leucistics, albinos, white tips and creaminos

Edited by - sjusovare on Dec 25 2018 02:00:30 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders