Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Resetting toys and food question
Question
Jan 06 2019
10:53:15 AM
Any suggestions or ideas for the nightly fun of resetting toys and putting food in the cage with out the gliders climbing out of the pouch and trying to get out of the cage door? Was never a problem with our female she wouldn’t leave the pouch till she wanted. Now with the male he’s out as soon as he hears the door opening. I’m afraid if they escape the dog will eat them. Any ideas how I can keep them in the pouch to set up the toys and get the night before food dishes out and new dishes in? I though about using a chip clip but dont want to take the chance of hurting them. When they are out of the pouch there is no chance of getting anything done as the male freaks out and wants to bite and always the chance of escaping.
Question
Jan 08 2019
10:08:56 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I take the night food out in the morning when they are sleeping in pouch. they
don't come out for me during day. by 9am they are sleeping, very awake at 730 am for their last run around before sleep. then at about 8 pm they can start waking up.
The best thing I can think of, really, is just to get bonded better with them.

You could have a piece of fleece on your hands so you can stop the male from escaping, or do what you have to do, to keep him in the cage, without getting hurt.

another Idea, we have a very small carry cage, put on a fleece glove, open the cage and be ready to grab the glider as soon as he leaves pouch, then put him in small cage, or even bonding pouch, then let him out when you are done.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders