GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Chewing?
Chewing?
Behavior
Feb 04 2019
07:30:27 PM
Hi!
I have two sugar gliders, one girl and one boy, and they are in separate cages for now because I still need to get my boy neutered. ( I do NOT need the mess that is sugar glider babies on my hands) and the two cages are a few inches away ( so they can see eachother but can’t reach eachother) bc I plan on introducing them at some point. Anyway, I’ve noticed that in my girls cage, she’s been chewing the paper towels at the bottom of her cage. And my boy has been chewing on the plastic bracelets that are in his cage for him. I’ve heard that chewing means that your sugar glider is stressed or bored, but I’m not sure, so I was wondering what it meant and if it was bad, and if it is bad what I can do to help? I don’t want them to be swallowing bad things/ choking on things accidentally.
Behavior
Feb 11 2019
04:35:47 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
Since their teeth do not grow, chewing is not a normal behavior. I would introduce them sooner.
Behavior
Mar 05 2019
08:11:18 PM
SillySuggies Joey Visit SillySuggies's Photo Album 43 Posts
I kinda have the same problem, except I have 3 gliders. I have plenty of toys for them and they seem to have fun when I watch them. Idk about it though.
Behavior
Mar 05 2019
09:23:17 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
its natural for them to chew on a tree to get the sap running.
So one thought is to get some glider SAFE wood for them to chew.
I got some branches of eucalyptus and they gave me a few thick branches and
our gliders chewed on the wood, usually mine don't chew unless its my arm,
legs, feet or toes.
Chewing?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Chewing?