Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How old should my babies be before putting with my older girls?
Question
Feb 06 2019
02:16:16 PM
Good morning! I made a post before and I think it went into the wrong area...
Aaannnnyyy way I have 2 older girls about 5 months old now and 2 younger girls 2 months old today.
I was wondering how old should my lil ladies be before putting them with my older girls? I am doing scent swapping and their cages are by each other but I recently put a towel up because one of my older girls was swatting threw the cage bars and stresses out the littlest girl.
My two little onee are tiny!! Momma avoided them when they were about 4weeks oop and I dont think they got a lot of nutrients they needed and I got them right at 7 weeks. The two of them combined are still smaller than my smaller older girl.
I heard somewhere that all should be under 6 months for intro or all older than 6 months for intro? And I know if that's the case we would be waiting for the lil ones to be 6 months before joining cages. I just wanted to hear what yall thought and I'd love any tips on these girls getting along and it being a safe experience and what I should look out for during intros?
I heard balling up with noise is ok but balling up without noise is deadly?
Question
Feb 07 2019
12:46:39 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Actually, it's not so much the age which is important than the size/weight. It is better to wait that they all have roughly similar size/weight to do intros.

I've never observed silent balling up, but either way, even noisy ones can be a source of injuries, so I'm always careful when I hear mines squabble. as a rule, if they don't break it up before 200 seconds I do separate them (and usually get bitten in the way but well...)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders