Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Suggestions For Dealing With Sugar Glider Smells / Males
Behavior
Mar 03 2019
03:22:47 PM
I keep my non-neutered males in a cage together. No issues, they all get along great, coats are clean and the proper colour, they have multiple sleeping cubes and glider kitchens for options and to avoid food aggression (which is working great). The only issue is the smell...

They're not overly messy and I clean them often. The other day I had some free time and spent 4 hours taking apart their cage, cleaning every single thing, and putting everything all together again. And the next day the smell came back. xD

I can't tell if it's pee or scent glands. But I have a feeling it's a mix of both.

Does anyone have suggestions for a safe water mixture spray that would work for removing the smell? I'm thinking of using a vinager spray + a vinager canceling spray + a quick scrub of the bars to quick clean + remove the odor daily.

Anything solution to remove smell, non harmful to the gliders because they will like the bars, for a daily quick cleaning?

They're on bml mixture + mixed veggies and blueberries.

Edited by - Pearson on Mar 03 2019 03:25:55 PM
Behavior
Mar 04 2019
03:45:45 PM
ChipandDalesMom Joey Visit ChipandDalesMom's Photo Album 32 Posts
Un-neutered males just smell more as a rule but try not to clean everything at once. I clean pouches/ fabrics including cage covers every 2-3 weeks, wipe inside bars every week, and I use the tractor supply pellets and change my 3 neutered males drop pan once a month & the 5 girls pan every 2-3 weeks. I wash with only vinegar and hot water and rinse with just hot water (cuts the vinegar smell). I also buy eucalyptus from eucproducts and that just naturally smells amazing and the babies love it. I also have my cages covered all around except front and those trap a lot of the smell. In the winter I have to wash the bottom racks in my shower but during nice weather I hose my cages off about once a month.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders