Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Just a quick question about wheels
Question
Mar 08 2019
06:46:40 PM
I need to buy a new wheel for my babies and I found a glow in the dark silent runner wheel and I was wondering if it would bother their eyes? Or scare them away from it? Two of my new younger gliders have never used a wheel before.
Question
Mar 08 2019
07:47:49 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
If you want a good glider wheel get

www.atticworx.com/
Freedom wheel is my favorite. but stealth is awesome also
www.mygliderwheelsandmore.com/

or
www.cccruiser.com/
don't get the full bounce, my gliders won't use it. 11 gliders had access
to it, none can get it to turn, to much offset.
Question
Mar 08 2019
09:05:07 PM
SuggieMommy314 Joey Visit SuggieMommy314's Photo Album 18 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions but the wheel I want is: www.exoticnutrition.com/Products/Silent-Runner-GLOW-Wheel__EN3183.aspx

My question is: will the glow in the dark wheel mess with their eyes. If it does then i will be getting another one of these Error, missing URL. x
Question
Mar 08 2019
09:28:42 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
the glow in the dark shouldn't bother their eyes at all.

There are vendors that sell glow in the dark toys with glow in the dark chain. Further more most nocturnal animals need some amount of light to see though it's usually soft moon light or night light...I can't imagine the glow from the wheel would be all that bright and will dim through the night as it loses it's charge.

My only concern with glowing products is toxicity from whatever chemicals are used to make it glow. But my boyfriend and I are a little anal about potential issues

Having said that I've never heard of any issues blamed on glowing products and even if your gliders are chewers they aren't likely to swallow it so I wouldn't worry about it, it's just a unlikely potential that is always the first thing I think of when I see glowing stuff lol.

Edited by - Leela on Mar 08 2019 09:31:27 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders