Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP!!! UNEXPERIENCED OWNER TRYING TO BREED!!!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 22 2019
08:58:22 AM
Everyone, please help! I have a friend whos all too new to gliders and thinking about breeding. He has 2 young creaminos and from my understanding (not much) he cannot breed them!!!

I don't understand the lineage or anything so can someone please help me as to what to tell him, I've already begged and pleaded that he do ALL the reasearch and think about breeding for at least a year before doing it (I don't believe he should ever breed but that was all I could think to postpone his actions for the time being now).

Please anyone, what do I tell him? What the actual medical reasonings I can throw at him?!?!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 22 2019
12:07:43 PM
SillySuggies Joey Visit SillySuggies's Photo Album 43 Posts
that is.. well, kinda dumb of him to think he can breed. just let him know it isn't a good idea, especially if the joey gets rejected. if that happens, he WILL have to spend 24/7 with the joey and feed it every few hours if he wants it to live. let him know that it is a stupid idea, and that he should never do anything like that until he has had sugar gliders for years.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 23 2019
11:40:53 AM
JazEmber Joey 13 Posts
Believe me I've given every reason I can think of and I've considered "taking" his gliders bc I know he wouldn't press charges but someone has mentioned having their blood tested for lineage so I'm going to try telling him that too to maybe help postpone his thinking.

I'm trying everything I know of...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders