Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Cage?
Cage?
Question
May 20 2019
02:17:19 PM
Hello, i am looking to get some beautiful baby joeys, i was looking at getting this cage, what are your thoughts on this one? The dimensions are 38" cage (62" with the stand) and its 21" by 32" for the base. The bars are 1/2" bars. The bars are vertical and it only has the one front door but it is in great condition. I appreciate any thoughts you have for me :)
Question
May 20 2019
04:15:53 PM
Little_Miss_Glider Joey Visit Little_Miss_Glider's Photo Album Canada 16 Posts

This is the cage...
Question
May 20 2019
04:20:47 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
sounds like the right size cage, but you dont say the brand, so have
no idea bout anything else.
ONE front door is limiting until your bonded, they might be difficult to get
out of cage and work with. harder to clean cage, harder to install a needed
exercise wheel.
Question
May 20 2019
04:29:35 PM
Little_Miss_Glider Joey Visit Little_Miss_Glider's Photo Album Canada 16 Posts
It doesnt have like a brand name, it is just a bird cage if you search google it is called "Bird Parrot Cage Chinchilla Cockatiel Conure Large Cockatiel House" I was a little worried about the one door too, but wasnt too sure how difficult it would be. But the dimensions are okay? I was kinda worried because most of the more expensive cages were like 60" high for the cage itself and this one is only 38" they wont feel crowded will they?
Question
May 28 2019
08:35:14 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
This cage is fine I have one and it's comparable to a brisbane minus 1 door Brisbane measures approximately 63" tall (36 off stand) x 33" wide x 22" deep and is appropriate for 2-3 gliders.

One door isn't that bad to deal with the only thing I find a little awkward is hanging things from the top otherwise it's no different than a brisbane.

I have a huge custom cruiser wheel in mine plus big floor toys.. if you can't fit it in the door you can either unscrew the top and put it in from above or slide the grate out and put it in from the bottom.

If you hang the sleep pouch on the left side wall or right on the door itself it's easy to get in and out despite only having one door

The 2 things to keep in mind is 1 making extra sure the latch is actually latched. Sometimes it looks latched when it's not and they will get out. Just get in the habit of tugging on the door after you latch it to make sure it's actually closed.

2 depending on how little the joeys are.... the spacing between the corner and first bar of each panel is wider than a half inch on the one you posted and the brisbanes. The rest of the bar spacing is a half inch but the corners ARE wider and small joeys CAN and have get out through them, in one unverified case a larger glider got stuck in that spot and passed away.

If the joeys are small and figure out they can escape you can use hardware mesh and zipties to secure the corners of the cage but you want the mesh on the inside so they don't get trapped between the bars and mesh,.

Edited by - Leela on May 28 2019 08:37:06 AM
Question
Jul 11 2019
05:47:03 AM
simoneandpeter Starting Member 0 Posts
i have that exact cage, its terrific! i just upgraded to a new 40x80x80 inch cage, but that one you showed I never had any problems with
Cage?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Cage?