GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
AWD
AWD
Question
Jun 10 2019
04:04:13 PM
Hi guys,

I have went with the AWD diets and my gliders have transformed before my eyes - their coats look better and the discoloration is going away.

bonding is going ok - had our first 2 tent times

They are still not really eating the mealworms yet is this because they are still babies and still learning ???

any foraging tips please - I also just got them some fresh EUC from ECOPRODUCTS
Question
Jun 10 2019
05:20:49 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

some gliders are slower on eating mealworms, but ALL of ours eventually
started to love them.

we put small plastic baskets we got from "shopkins" and plastic rings
together we hang them around cage. up in a few yogurt drops or dried
mealworms or dried papaya. the shopkins are hard to find these days.
but you can find other small plastic cups.
Question
Jun 10 2019
07:56:54 PM
newglidermom19 Starting Member 5 Posts
thank you so much ill do that
Question
Jun 11 2019
10:27:20 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Congrats on the positive transformation with a quality diet

Under 6 month old gliders usually grow into liking meal worms and fruits n veg. They are still young and have relatively recently been weened. New foods to them can take time, they may not seem to like fruits n veg yet either but keep giving it to them and they will grow right into them.

You can cut the mealies in half so they get a good taste of it, it's gross but sometimes that speeds it up and is the turning point

I've had some very young ones right out of pouch love them but only because they would taste their parents meal worms that were mostly eaten and dropped to get a new one.

The parents had already gotten through the shell so the babies reaped the rewards which gave them a head start on loving mealies.

Cutting a mealie up to expose the flesh is just mimicking how the babies were naturally exposed to new foods by their parents.

Edited by - Leela on Jun 11 2019 10:29:20 AM
AWD

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
AWD