Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I noticed a lot of drooling today
Health related
Jan 12 2020
09:06:27 PM
My friend actually pointed this out, and I hadn’t given much thought into it until now. My Glider seems to be drooling a lot when he eats yogurt drops. (The ones from the pet glider specifically) I’m curious if this is a normal thing when they eat yogurt drops or if it’s abnormal ...on top of that I know gliders are notoriously picky but he used to eat most treats given but now he turns his nose up at papaya and fruit and only wants the yogies. Their dinner is always gone in the morning and I make sure to give them vitamins .

This time around I put peas, carrots, celery (because celery is good on calcium I never don’t put celery) and corn (rarely because I know it’s not the best heh so it’s only in this batch and hasn’t been in last two previous batches)

Fruits are apples, pears, I beleive banana and I forgot the fourth one as it’s been a while since I made the tpgDiet batch.

They get applesauce in there and calcium orange juice and stoneyfield plain yogurt ... I just hope I’m feeding my babies what they deserve and not unintentionally hurting them ...
Health related
Jan 14 2020
10:29:38 PM
Jesselou802 Joey 11 Posts
Bumping this up because I would really just like to hear if this is normal or not ...
Health related
Jan 20 2020
01:03:09 PM
MelonLeaf321 Joey Visit MelonLeaf321's Photo Album 15 Posts
Hey so I am not nearly as experienced as some people on here but from everything I know drooling is normal with suggies.

I know at least that my two girls will sometimes drool a little when eating Mealies because they get excited.

Also the diet you are feeding them sounds very good as far as I'm aware. I personally dont feed TPG though I feed OHPW but it sounds like a good diet.

Overall in my opinion and from my experience drooling when having treats sometimes is normal so I wouldnt worry.
Health related
Jan 27 2020
10:35:23 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
Your diet sounds fine. TPG is a complete diet so i’m not sure what supplements (vitamins) you are using but you don’t need any. Just TPG and f/v every night. I would cut back on the yogurt drops as they are not as healthy as f/v. One a day is probably fine. Mealworms can be given 3 a week and they LOVE them (but they are high in fat so be careful).

Drooling over their favorite food is a normal response.

Not eating a f/v they used to love is normal. They switch their preference often. Mine LOVED apple and then didn’t eat it for over a year and now will eat it again.

It sounds like you are doing great! :)
Food, Diet
Jan 28 2020
09:41:36 AM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
Keep away from the fake yogurt drops or covered raisins - look at the ingredients: there's only a token sprinkle of dried yogurt (ie no live cultures) and mostly sucrose (table sugar) and corn syrup (high fructose corn syrup is even worse) and fillers... not to mention the contentious raisins...

The other yogurt (Stoneyfield plain) is the right idea! I use farmer cheese (lactose-free, and live cultures abound) mixed with Smuckers fruit spread (no corn syrup) - strawberry usually... makes this yogurt like stuff they lick the bowl clean with. I like it too
Health related
Feb 12 2020
05:19:14 PM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
Back to these fake yogurt 'drops' (sugar/syrup compound coated raisins) - back when I was ridiculously gullible and fed my suggies these things (left over from previous owner), I noticed they ate the (nasty) coating but rejected the raisins... bunch always found in bottom uneaten.

I understand raisins are not good for Sugar Gliders, and apparently they know this ~ but grapes are (mine fight over a single grape - really fierce). Even the white raisins in the Exotic Nutrition Complete pellet mix are never eaten. Probably gives them the 'runs'...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders