Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
helping to keep cage cleaner
Information
Jan 18 2020
04:44:08 PM
I found out these sugar gliders, and I have three, can be extremely messy eaters. Food all over the place (the running wheel, the wire mesh, the fleece, etc)!

BUT, I found out that if you use bird bath containers to put their food in - all their food even snacks - that the cage actually stays fairly clean. I only have to clean the bird bath containers (which get spattered with chewed-up food) daily and avoid the frequent whole cage cleanup... the running wheel stays spotless, the cage stays relatively clean except for occasional messy stools, and the fleece nests/hammocks/tubes stay fresher (except for the occasional peeing in/on them).

The best one is the round bird bath that has a small opening to access it, opens into two halves for easy cleaning. Got it at PetSmart. I use three total - one for wet food like exotic nutrition's instant HPW, one for dry food (moistened to make it softer) like the exotic nutrition's "complete" pellets, and one for the treats.
Information
Jan 19 2020
04:54:54 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

Information
Jan 19 2020
05:34:25 AM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
Wow! That's the idea... but looks too big to go thru my glider's cage door and around all their 'stuff'.... but awesome! Here's my favorite:
(from Petco, not petsmart...)
Also - I use water bottles so no need to put water in with the food ;-)

Edited by - BatGirl on Jan 19 2020 05:48:07 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat